Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Wairua-the exhibition


Kia ora tatou:

Firstly, a big thank you to all of you who made it out to the opening of the exhibition in Darfield on Friday night. It was a real joy to see you all (some of whom I haven't seen for quite some time) and have the opportunity to chat with you. For those of you who didn't and can make it, it is on until December 13 at the Selwyn Art Gallery in Darfield, Canterbury.

My thanks as well to those of you who e-mailed me afterwards, giving me some feedback about the show and your impressions of it. It has been really positive and very helpful.

For those of you who couldn't make it at all and those who are too far away to come, it represents, I suppose, a roadmarker of sorts for me. All of the work is very recent, the oldest of it made no longer than last April, but it represents a milestone in my photographic journey.

A number of people have emailed me asking what was in the show. Rather than put all the thumbnails here, I have done the obvious- made a new blog which discusses it in greater detail and shows all the work. You can reach it here.

Ka kite ano

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome Tony - both the real images and the web set too - Well done mate
BB

Anonymous said...

I loved the exhibition, the images as usual were awesome and inspiring to make me want to reach for the camera and get image making again.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tony, very nice choice of images (via your blog) they are all very sympathetic to each other and must have looked great up on the wall. Well done.
Is that printer now your favourite bit of kit?
Graham D

Tony Bridge said...

Hi guys:
many thanks for your kind words. Yes, Graham, I am having a love affair with my printer. Not quite my favourite bit of kit, but definitely up there! It sits brooding in the corner until I send a file its way, then does a magic job of making the print.